Online C++ Scripted Hoppy Demo for 2.099

News, Discussions, Questions and Answers

Online C++ Scripted Hoppy Demo for 2.099

Postby thyme » 23 May 2006, 11:32

To see Seamless3d view online content containing complex script coded in C++, please download 2.099 from the seamless download page:

http://www.seamless3d.com/download

click on the web file button:

click on the go button:

Because this is not a chat example there is no need to modify the nickname and avatarUrl fields before pressing go.

To turn off wireframe mode click:

Soon as the main.smls file has downloaded from my site, Seamless compiles the hoppy script into fast efficient native machine code. Then this code is run resulting in the hoppy coming to life.

This script compiler is far from complete, there are still many essential instructions that need to be added but what this version promises, is that sophisticated scripts that are far more complex than is typically used for VRML, can be compiled by my home brew C++ compiler here and now.
This script engine, unlike SUN Java, will be Open Source Software. Therefore Linux distros that only come with open source software will be able to use Seamless3d for online 3d content that requires efficient, operating system independent, scripts.
To see the beughtifull hoppy script, click on the scene tree button and scroll down the scene tree window.

If this file is output as a wrl, the C++ script is converted to JavaScript. This allows the user to develop and debug scripts for a VRML Browser like blaxxun contact, Cortona or Cosmo using professional C++ tools. However I am much more excited to see the hoppy left to run C++ code inside seamless because it is way more efficient, and offers so many more possibilities for the future.

C++ has proved it self as a most versatile adaptable language that can be applied to many different tasks and I have demonstrated here that C++ syntax can look just as pretty to code as JavaScript, making it ideal for beginners. Because of C++'s sheer elegance and openness, I see using C++ for 3d online scripts to be a straight forward logical conclusion.

regards
thyme

PS
In this example both the hoppy and the script that generates the land use Seamless C++ script.
thyme
Site Admin

Postby Lilly » 25 May 2006, 11:05

Very good program
and beautiful ;o)
Bravo thyme !
Lilly

Postby thyme » 25 May 2006, 21:45

I don't do seamless for money, only comments :) so your support is much appreciated Lilly :)
thyme
Site Admin

Postby Alain » 26 May 2006, 06:10

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :::

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/alaindumenieu/a ... l/hopy.wrl

wonderful beast lol
Alain

Postby thyme » 26 May 2006, 22:23

Happy to see you were able to output my "wonderful beast" Alain :)

Amicalement
thyme
Site Admin

Return to Seamless3d Forum