Recreating Techuelife Island

News, Discussions, Questions and Answers

Recreating Techuelife Island

Postby thyme » 25 Jun 2009, 20:23

Hoppy alive in seamless hopping over NURBS generated land:

The hoppy dynamically adjusts to the changes made by the NURBS control points in real time.
This is the first time I have had a hoppy script work with a seamless NurbsPatch.
All looks the same as before? well before I used sine tug scripts that generated the land at the initialization stage.
Using a NurbsPatch inside the modeller is a more high level and interactive way of doing things.
In short it's less geeky :P
thyme
Site Admin

Re: Creating a Ray Traced movie of Techuelife Island

Postby Lilly » 29 Jun 2009, 02:38

good morning thyme
très intéressant ça, moi je veux faire un sol aussi !
hugs
Lilly
Lilly

Postby thyme » 30 Jun 2009, 00:38

Hi Lilly Hugs, nice to see you back on the forum after your break :D
The next version of seamless will have some fields added to the NurbsPatch node that can be set to disable tugging in any dimension. By allowing the user to only tug up or down, it will be much easier to make land formations because the user will be able to tug from any viewing angle without unintentionally tugging sideways. Without these new fields we would have to keep fixing our damage from different viewing angles or we would be limited to tugging only from 90 degree viewing angles or limited to only using the fields directly to change the control points, none of these alternatives would be as easy or as much fun.
When I upload the new version of seamless I will make an example of a NurbsPatch setup for tugging land which anyone can freely use :mrgreen:
thyme
Site Admin

Postby Lilly » 30 Jun 2009, 06:58

Good morning thyme
wow super cool ! I wait this new version ! thanks hugsss
Lilly
Lilly

Re: Recreating Techuelife Island

Postby thyme » 09 Jul 2009, 13:49

I have re-titled this thread to: Recreating Techuelife Island.
I am still working towards creating a Ray Traced movie but at the same time I am getting techuelife island to work inside seamless3d.
I am converting many of the shapes to nurbs patches, this not only allows me to reconfigure the polygon densities more easily it should significantly reduce the download time for seamless chat.

Of course I already have the hoppy hopping over land inside seamless and my seamless trees are there too.

And now I have:

Converted all meshes for the hoppy, trees and house plant to seamless nodes which enables them to be ray traced.
Fog functioning inside seamless.
The engine and carriages converted to nurbs
Rail sleepers generated using seamless script.
The vase robot (the red and yellow robot with the caterpillar tracks) converted to nurbs and his script (that allows him to travel the hills) converted to SeamlessScript.
thyme
Site Admin

Postby Lilly » 09 Jul 2009, 15:06

WOW thyme ! ah yes you are so THE BEST ! thank you ! hugs ;o)
Lilly

Postby fabricator » 10 Jul 2009, 12:53

Can you have multiple hoppies now, or are you still working on that part ?
fabricator

Postby thyme » 10 Jul 2009, 13:18

lol Lilly you are too kind :D hugs :P

Hi fab I could have multiple hoppies using scripts right now but I think i will wait until I add proto functionality to seamless, I want to add this very soon, don't see proto's a big challenge, I just need to dedicate a few days to adding them.

Today I got the helicopter converted, I will upload the updated Techuelife Island in time for Saturday GMT chat if all goes according to plan

History was made today :D Asheanor has got the seamless3d server running from Alain's dedicated OVH server in France :D
thyme
Site Admin

Postby thyme » 18 Jul 2009, 00:25

Ok well I did upload the new Techuelife Island this last Saturday:

The seamless server seems to be doing very well on Alain's OVH server, I have not unexpectedly logged out from it once yet so am very pleased about this.

Yesterday I had a chance to do some more work on Techuelife Island. I began work on the train's start/acceleration/deceleration/stop script and late in the night I uploaded this new script so the train is no longer a static object.
Some issues have surfaced. The red and green boxes don't change color to indicate the state of the train so I need to make it so a Seamless node can animate color.
Also the switch is not shared so I have been giving much thought recently on how best to implement shared events.
thyme
Site Admin

Postby thyme » 18 Jul 2009, 13:08

I decided to make all TimeSensor's that are named (so they have an ID) shared when in seamless chat mode.
So today I added a new TOUCH_SENSOR command to the seamless server protocol.
Implementing this proved very simple, just a few lines of code were added to the server and client.
At least 90% of the time all a user wants is their TouchSensors shared when they want shared events so this should greatly simplify adding shared events most of the time compared to how this had to be done for Blaxxun.
thyme
Site Admin

Postby nontiti » 18 Jul 2009, 20:34

I get excited. Because the train of techue life moved.

You wrote that you shared the button.

If someone else clicks the button of this train, does the train of my seamless chat move?

I think that it is very wonderful.

cheer you

It is the enjoyment that all of those who enter a room takes the same vehicle :)
nontiti

Postby Alain » 19 Jul 2009, 06:42

and Thyme is so well educated , polite etc ( bravo Ep and Dad )
that train stops only at the station ! :)
Last edited by Alain on 20 Jul 2009, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Alain

Postby thyme » 20 Jul 2009, 18:28

lol Alain you harm my bad boy image which I strive so hard for :D

hi there nontiti-san :D
Yes when I upload the new client All will see the train start when only a single person clicks the green button. This will mean it will be a "shared event".
Asheanor compiled the new server that can do shared events on Saturday GMT. The client was also ready to do shared events but I have delayed uploading the new version just to fix a few things in regard to importing hanim and the compile transform scale command
Oh and I have now made it so that seamless can animate the colors for the start / stop boxes :D
thyme
Site Admin

Return to Seamless3d Forum