Import Avatar Studio Gestures for 2.133

News, Discussions, Questions and Answers

Import Avatar Studio Gestures for 2.133

Postby thyme » 22 Mar 2008, 14:38

Open Source Seamless3d 2.133 (including French and English versions) is available for download from:

http://www.seamless3d.com/download

Seamless3d has been able to import avatar studio avatars for many years now but this is the first version that also imports the gestures and the names for the parts.

To import the avatar from the wrl file:

Move the mouse to the top left of the 3d window to open the F10 menu and select:

Click the Anim's play Image button to see the first gesture play.

If you open the scene tree window Image and scroll down the scene to where the rest of the Anim nodes are located any of the gestures can be selected and played.

The av studio import tutorial has been updated and simplified for this version:

http://www.seamless3d.com/tut/import_av ... index.html

Making Seamless3d import gestures took me only a day to write like I had predicted last year but in doing so I found an important bug (that is now fixed) that is relevant to outputting gestures in general. This bug only shows up apparently when there is more than a small amount of gesture code.
Same as before Seamless3d imports both blaxxun avatar studio 1 and avatar studio 2 avatars.
The walk animation gets imported (if it exists) but Seamless3d does not import the walk script because the script would have to be modified by Seamless and I do not know what the legalities are concerning this script.
I will make it so that the my own freely available walking scripts can be imported.
The last few days I have spent some time working on a new Mobility node that will let a walking script be imported but because the blaxxun community server is currently down I have not been able to debug it easily and I have run out of time so I will come back to this for the next version.

I have fixed seamless so that it can now output povray correctly when the new pivotPoint field is used.

The bug that caused seamless to collapse the wrong nodes in the scene tree when a file was reopened (and when scripts were used) has been has been fixed.

In response to Matthieu raising the issue of the TouchSensor not working if output when the scene contains a GestureGroup (and if the TouchSensor was added after the geometry nodes), seamless now automatically adds a Group node to contain all of the scene's nodes when the scene contains a GestureGroup (unless the scene is already contained in a Group or Transform node). This insures the TouchSensor will always work no matter whether it is inserted before or after the geometry.

In response to Andy's help which made me realise seamless was no longer outputting x3d files encoded in xml format correctly, I have fixed a bug that was added to the previous version.

Many thanks to Matthieu, Andy and all who have given feedback to help make this version the best ever :mrgreen:
thyme
Site Admin

Re: Import Avatar Studio Gestures for 2.133

Postby andy » 23 Mar 2008, 01:27

Great!Thyme,you have done another great work! :mrgreen:
andy

Re: Import Avatar Studio Gestures for 2.133

Postby fabricator » 19 Nov 2008, 14:44

thyme wrote:The walk animation gets imported (if it exists) but Seamless3d does not import the walk script because the script would have to be modified by Seamless and I do not know what the legalities are concerning this script.
I will make it so that the my own freely available walking scripts can be imported.
The last few days I have spent some time working on a new Mobility node that will let a walking script be imported but because the blaxxun community server is currently down I have not been able to debug it easily and I have run out of time so I will come back to this for the next version.

No loss there Thyme, the walk script in Avatar Studio has more bugs than a bee hive.
fabricator

Return to Seamless3d Forum