Nurbs Lathe Avatar Tutorial

News, Discussions, Questions and Answers

Nurbs Lathe Avatar Tutorial

Postby thyme » 22 Apr 2008, 19:22

I have written and uploaded the Nurbs Lathe Avatar tutorial to accompany the robot demo (previously known as the build avatar demo):

http://www.seamless3d.com/tut/nurbs_lathe_av/index.html

This tutorial which took at least 3 full days to write (which does not include the time it took to program the demo) draws from the experience of many previous tutorials I have written over the years.
This tutorial should be ideal for any enthusiast from the age of 10 (perhaps younger with the help of a supervisor) onwards but to learn you must experience doing it, like eating good food, reading about it or even watching a robot do it for you is not the same as doing it your self.

If there is something missing you belive would improve this tutorial, please reply, feedback is much appreciated.

I also very much appreciate any tutorials written by anyone else who speaks from experience who will undoubtedly have a different approach.

PS some of the titles for the operations do not exactly match the titles in the demo, this will be fixed when the next version of seamless is uploaded.
thyme
Site Admin

Re: Nurbs Lathe Avatar Tutorial

Postby tutancamon » 22 Apr 2008, 20:34

Boss, like usualy, I say ThankYou. Well, I'll see what with Your Editor, and I'll help You with my comments about his helpers.
He he he , You make me co-author ? :D

Wait some weeks or months, now my obsesion is about chat servers, and I promise You my colaboration for Help of Seamless Editor.

You know, may be will be good a litle computer graphics theory ...

And Boss, You cannot make an server for colaborative worlds ? An 3D chat sever, not very complex but useful ? An server for all kind of web hostes ( ASP, P H P ) ? An microSERVER for 3D Chat ?
See please, at X's and PETER's server for example. Look at http://3dchat.3d-check.com/

... Now blaxx serv. is down again !

tutancamon
= WEB ART =
tutancamon

Postby andy » 24 Apr 2008, 07:39

Hi Thyme and all :mrgreen:
Congratulate thyme!Your work is so great:)

However,I'm busy working.So,I have no time to try your new idea :cry:
Today,just to say hi to you!
I will come back to the art in a long time! :P

Kind Regards!
andy

Postby thyme » 24 Apr 2008, 20:47

tutancamon wrote:You cannot make an server for colaborative worlds ? An 3D chat sever, not very complex but useful ?

hi tutancamon :)
I am afraid there are only so many hours in a day and there are so many different things I should be doing and it has been months now since I have had any time to make art :(
I wanted to add gestures to my client server (which should not take more than a few days) but I got sidetracked writing this tutorial but I feel this tutorial was more important to get done anyway.
Because I have fixed my client and server the next version of seamless I upload will at least have this working and the source files for the server along with the client will be made available online under the MIT licence.
I hope to get working on my client and server again soon but right now I am working on a node that helps me convert polygon meshes to nurb patches. I am hoping this will make it relatively easy to convert models I have already made over the years (which were made using different methods) so that I can resume work on them using nurbs patches.
I took another look at peter's PHP server, I have not had a chance to fully check it out but it looks very good but why do I keep hearing clicks when I log in?

tutancamon wrote:Now blaxx serv. is down again !

arrrg again!!!

Andy wrote:I will come back to the art in a long time! :P

Nice to hear from you Andy :) and thanks for your message of support but sad to hear it will be a long time until you will be able to make any art.
I can not preach because it has been a long time since I have made any art but I think it is hard to argue there are many things more important than making art. When I look how fast the years have passed me by since I started making seamless it is the art made that gets remembered best and yet the amount of time I spend making art is a fraction of the time I have spent programming.
thyme
Site Admin

Postby thyme » 26 Apr 2008, 13:38

I had fun again today resuming work on my server & client :P

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=261
thyme
Site Admin

Return to Seamless3d Forum