Radial Tug Extended to NURBS Control Points for 2.150

News, Discussions, Questions and Answers

Radial Tug Extended to NURBS Control Points for 2.150

Postby thyme » 09 May 2009, 20:21

Open Source Seamless3d 2.150 can be downloaded from:

http://www.seamless3d.com/download

For 2.150 I have extended the Immediate radial tug (that was announce for Version 2.120 in May 2007) to nurbs control points:

By thymefromti

Now that seamless supports nurbs modelling perhaps its a logical conclusion but when I first had this idea it sounded a bit silly to me because aren't nurbs an alternative to using radial tugs? Well not exactly. In the case of a realistic human face you need many control points to define it and so it can be very useful to be able to tug multiple control points at a time and have the amount each control point is tugged within a specified radius vary depending on how close they are to the center of the tug so that there is always a smooth transition to the unaffected control points.

To use the radial tug first select the NurbsPatch in the scene tree window and establish a radius by clicking up on this button: Image from the toolbar.

When the radius is visible you can also resize the radius by dragging the control point located to the right on the radius (the red dot located on the cyan colored circle)

The following screenshots show how no more than 2 radial tugs can dramatically alter Lucy's face:

Before:

By thymefromti

After:

By thymefromti

If you want to chat with me about this new feature or any other feature or you just want to chat with me, join me in seamless3d chat.

I am there every Saturday 20:00 GMT (I am there at the time of this posting)
thyme
Site Admin

Re: Radial Tug Extended to NURBS Control Points for 2.150

Postby andy » 10 May 2009, 02:18

Hi thyme!
I'm back! Nice to see you again!

What amazing things you hava made during last year! Great! Congratulates!
andy

Re: Radial Tug Extended to NURBS Control Points for 2.150

Postby thyme » 12 May 2009, 07:45

Good to hear your back Andy :) and thanks :)

Thanks very much Alain for testing the new feature and for uploading your example :mrgreen:

Tugging multiple nurbs control points this way should be very useful for creating animated emotions.
thyme
Site Admin

Return to Seamless3d Forum